Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Suarez: Liverpool 'is my present and future'

Goal.com
Liverpool confirms it rejected Arsenal bid for Suarez
.

View photo

Liverpool confirms it rejected Arsenal bid for Suarez
Liverpool forward Luis Suarez has indicated that he intends to remain at Anfield despite his latest moment of controversy.

The Uruguayan received a 10-match ban for biting the arm of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during the 2-2 draw last month, with the forward set to miss a significant chunk of the start of next season.

Reports suggested the incident might force the 26-year-old to leave the Premier League club, coming as it did after a string of earlier controversial events. Suarez has once again committed himself to the Reds, though, in light of the most recent drama.

"I have a deal with Liverpool, and this is my present and future," Suarez told The Sun.

The former Ajax man will be unavailable because of his suspension for Sunday's Merseyside derby with Everton, and although he admitted his disappointment at missing the clash, the attacker is confident his teammates will do the job.

"From the day I arrived, I saw how special this derby is, so it is a pain to miss it," said Suarez, who netted 23 league goals this term, but, like other nominees, was beaten to the PFA Player of the Year award by Gareth Bale. "But we have a big squad which can function without me."

Follow GOAL.COM on Twitter

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (4)