The Pittsburgh Steelers have trimmed nine players from their roster, with six more coming by 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The Steelers released six players in preparation for the league deadline today. The NFL requires all teams to trim their respective rosters to 75 players by 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Those released, most notably, are safety Jordan Dangerfield and outside linebacker Vic So'oto. Both players made impacts in camp as well as the preseason, and their early release could be deemed as beneficial, giving both players a chance to sign somewhere else before the season starts.
Along with those two, running backs Miguel Maysonet and Jordan Hall, wide receivers C.J. Goodwin and Kashif Moore, cornerback Lew Toler, defensive back Devin Smith and tight end Eric Waters were released.
More from sbnation.com:
- Brett Keisel feels legal troubles can be learning experience for Steelers
- Worilds: "What are you going to do with your one and only life?"
- Tomlin says Steelers suspending Bell and Blount a possibility
- It goes much deeper than suspensions for Steelers William Gay
- Steelers 53-man roster prediction: Loss to Eagles shows a few areas of concern
- Snoop Dogg goes off on Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Pittsburgh Steelers