|MLS All-Stars (4-3-3): Fernandez; Beltran, Collin, Gonzalez, Ashe; Bernier, Zusi, Magee; Henry(c), Di Vaio, Camilo.
DEFENDERS: Yedlin, Besler
MIDFIELDERS: Donovan, Beckerman, Johnson, Davis
FORWARDS: Wondoloski, McInerney
|Roma (4-2-3-1): De Sanctis; Maicon, Burdisso, Benatia, Balzaretti; Bradley, De Rossi; Lamela, Totti, Pjanic; Osvaldo.
GOALKEEPERS: Lobont, Skorupski
DEFENDERS: Castán, Crescenzi, Dodo, Jedvaj, Romagnoli, Torosidis
MIDFIELDERS: Florenzi, Marquinho, Strootman, Taddei, Verre
- AS Roma is the MLS All-Stars' first Serie A opponent and is the second non-UK based team (the other being Chivas Guadalajara) to feature in the match since switching from an East vs West format to the current one.
- In the current format, the MLS All-Stars' record is six wins and three losses, the first loss coming off of penalties against Everton.
- While All-Stars manager Peter Vermes has kept most of his plans close to chest, the Sporting Kansas City coach revealed that Thierry Henry will be captain against Roma.
- Roma kicks off its preseason preparations against MLS's best in Kansas City, before going on three-city tour of North America, playing in Boston, Toronto and Washington D.C.
- The game against the MLS All-Stars is the debut of new Roma coach Rudi Garcia.
- Roma midfielder Michael Bradley started his career in MLS, playing one season for the New York Metro Stars (now re-branded as the Red Bulls) in 2004-05. The club was coached by his father Bob (former U.S. boss and current head coach of Egypt). Bradley has 79 caps for the United States national team.
- Sports & Recreation