With the team in their final preparations for tomorrow's match against Genoa, Rafa Benitez has released the list of 21 players he'll be taking on the trip:
No real surprises on the list. All three summer signings are included, with Kalidou Koulibaly slated to start in central defense after impressing during preseason and being really the only defender who didn't screw up spectacularly at some point against Athletic Bilbao. Michu and Jonathan De Guzman both will most likely start on the bench and feature in the second half as subs depending on what the situation of the match dictates.
Perhaps what's most notable is who's not on the squad list. Faouzi Ghoulam is an obvious miss, expected to be out a month after fracturing his arm against Bilbao on Wednesday. Two healthy veterans won't be making the trip, however, as Blerim Dzemaili and Goran Pandev continue to be linked with moves away from Naples. The pair likely won't be thrilled to be left at home, but Napoli can hardly afford either getting hurt before the transfer deadline and ruining a potential transfer.
More from sbnation.com:
- Breaking Down Napoli's Europa League Group
- Mercato Madness: Is Blerim Dzemaili moving to AC Milan or not?
- Harry Redknapp has apparently lost Edu Vargas
- Napoli are out of the Champions League, so... what's next?
- Adding injury to insult: suspected arm fracture for Faouzi Ghoulam
- Lorenzo Insigne's relationship with fans reaches all-time low, and reportedly asks to be transferred
- Sports & Recreation
- Jonathan De Guzman
- Rafa Benitez
- Rafael Cabral
- Jose Callejon
- Marek Hamsik
- Raul Albiol
- Gonzalo Higuain