Valencia striker Roberto Soldado will remain the club beyond the summer, Miroslav Djukic has insisted.
Los Che's failure to secure a UEFA Champions League place last year has prompted speculation that the Spain international would consider a move away from the Mestalla, with a number of clubs - including Atletico Madrid - understood to be keen on swooping for the 28-year-old. Djukic, though, is confident his talisman will opt to remain at the club beyond the end of the transfer window.
"I think Roberto is going to stay with us. I am very calm about that," Djkuic told reporters Tuesday. "Soldado is very important to us, and I want him to lead this team."
The former Valladolid boss went on to state he was pleased with his current squad despite last season's agonizing failure to land fourth spot, but has not ruled out some business this summer.
"We have a good squad in place, but there is still some room to grow," Djukic said.
Soldado, whose current deal at the Mestalla expires in 2017, has scored 82 times in 141 appearances for Los Che since his 10 million euro move from Getafe in 2010.
- Sports & Recreation
- Atletico Madrid