Where: The Beira Rio stadium, Porto Alegre
When: Sunday June 22, 1600 local (1900 GMT/1500 ET)
Referee: Wilmar Roldan (Colombia)
South Korea: 1-Jung Sung-ryong; 12-Lee Yong, 3-Yoon Suk-young, 5-Kim Young-gwon, 20-Hong Jeong-ho; 16-Ki Sung-yeung, 14-Han Kook-young, 17-Lee Chung-yong, 9-Son Heung-min, 13-Koo Ja-cheol; 10-Park Chu-young
Algeria: 23-Rais Mbolhi; 2-Madjid Bougherra, 3-Faouzi Ghoulam, 5-Rafik Halliche, 12-Carl Medjani; 14-Nabil Bentaleb, 10-Sofiane Feghouli, 21-Riyad Mahrez, 22-Mehdi Mostefa, 19-Saphir Taider; 15-El Arabi Soudani
* The only Arab nation present in Brazil, Algeria scored their first World Cup finals goal in 28 years in a 2-1 loss to Belgium in their tournament opener. Sofiane Feghouli converted a spot kick in the 25th minute to notch Algeria's first since a 1-1 draw against Northern Ireland in the 1986 tournament.
* Algeria were the last African qualifiers, beating Burkina Faso 1-0 in the second leg of their play-off to advance on away goals after a 3-2 first-leg defeat.
* South Korea's best finish at a World Cup was fourth place in 2002 on home soil. They became the first Asian side to reach the semi-finals after a run that saw them defeat Portugal, Italy and Spain before falling to Germany in the last four.
* This is the 30th World Cup match contested by South Korea, who have made more appearances in the event than any other Asian team.
* South Korea are undefeated against African teams in the World Cup, having beaten Togo 2-1 in 2006 and drawn 2-2 with Nigeria four years ago.
Previous meetings: The only previous meeting between the two teams came in a 1985 friendly in Mexico won by South Korea 2-0. (Compiled by Steve Keating. Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Sports & Recreation
- South Korea