Invicta Fighting Championships president Shannon Knapp revealed that Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Justino is on schedule to make her 135lb. debut in December.
Although many were skeptical about Cristiane ‘Cyborg' Justino's scheduled bantamweight debut, it appears that Shannon Knapp is confident that the Brazilian competitor will be able to reach the 135lb. limit come December.
"Everything seems to be on schedule," Knapp told Sherdog.com. "She is pumped up and ready; she is making her way. She wants that fight with Ronda. She is putting in the hard work, the time and the effort to get that fight. I think she's very focused on getting to where she needs to be and where she needs to go to have that matchup."
The Invicta FC featherweight champion is expected to make her debut at the new weight class at Invicta FC 10 in December against an unannounced opponent. Although she had documented difficulty reaching the weight limit on previous attempts, it appears as though she has finally found the correct combination to make the transition.
"As she really starts into that hard cut of the weight, we want to document that; we want to take the fans on that journey with her and let them see," Knapp said. "She's a tremendous athlete. A lot of people have negative stuff to say; they kick her around [about] muscle mass and stuff like that."
Justino even took to Instagram to show off her apparent transformation and included the caption,"Starting to realize I am going to need a new bikini sponsor when I make 135lbs."
More from sbnation.com:
- Alistair Overeem responds to Dana White's anger over Jon Jones injury
- Christy Mack pictured walking the streets of Las Vegas, War Machine to be extradited to Nevada
- Alexander Gustafsson: 'I can wait three years' for a UFC title match in Sweden
- ONE FC's Ben Askren: 'I've got more skill in my pinky finger than half the damn UFC roster'
- Stephan Bonnar's got Dana White's blessing to 'beat the s---' out of Tito Ortiz at Bellator
- Anthony Johnson: Alistair 'Oversh-t' is the biggest p-ssy in the heavyweight division