Piris, Burdisso, Marquinhos, Balzaretti
Bradley, De Rossi, Pjanic
Lamela, Osvaldo, Totti
De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant
Nocerino, Ambrosini, Montolivo
Robinho, Boateng, El Shaarawy
The absence of Leandro Castan forces one defensive change for Roma after the Giallorossi slumped to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Chievo in the last round of Serie A fixtures. The Brazilian center back is suspended for AC Milan's visit, and will be replaced in the middle by Nicolas Burdisso; Marquinhos, meanwhile, will remain after passing a fitness test during the week.
Elsewhere, Miram Pjanic drops back into midfield allowing Erik Lamela to retake his place as part of an attacking trident - Alessandro Florenzi will be the man who makes way.
Mauro Goicoechea trained with the first team during the week after starting against Chievo, and could keep his place instead of Maarten Stekelenburg between the posts.
Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri is likely to make just two changes to the team that demolished Pescara 4-1 at the weekend. Phillippe Mexes is once again fit and would be a straight swap for Cristian Zapata in the center of defense, after sitting on the bench as an unused substitute during that last victory.
In attack, meanwhile, Kevin-Prince Boateng could be handed a start alongside Robinho and Stephan El Shaarawy in the front three. The Ghana international would replace Giampaolo Pazzini, who failed to find the net against Pescara.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan hold a decisive historical advantage over Saturday's rivals. The Rossoneri have won 71 of the 156 encounters played between the teams, while Roma has only 39 triumphs to its name.
- The last clash finished 2-1 in favor of Milan, Zlatan Ibrahimovic supplying both goals for the home side at San Siro.
- Roma currently lies sixth in Serie A, two points ahead of its next opponents which occupy the place below.
- Stephan El Shaarawy is both Milan's and the league's top scorer so far, netting an impressive 14 times during the first 17 games of the 2012-13 season.
- The most prolific Giallorossi stars, meanwhile, are Erik Lamela (right) and Pablo Osvaldo. The former River Plate wonderkid has registered eight strikes this term.
- Roma's squad includes 12 players of South American heritage: six Brazilians, three Argentines, two Uruguayans and Paraguay international Ivan Piris. This includes Osvaldo, who was born in Buenos Aires and debuted for Huracan, before opting to represent Italy at international level thanks to his dual nationality obtained in 2007.
- Sports & Recreation
- AC Milan
- Stephan El Shaarawy
- Erik Lamela