Juventus manager Antonio Conte will be without suspended midfield duo Andrea Pirlo and Paul Pogba for the club's final home clash of the season against Cagliari on Saturday.
Andrea Barzagli is available for selection after serving a one-match suspension that kept him out of the 1-0 victory away at Atalanta, while Leonardo Bonucci, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Claudio Marchisio, Gianluigi Buffon and Arturo Vidal should all return to the fold after being rested.
Alessandro Matri is expected to keep his place up front after scoring in midweek, and the former Cagliari striker could be partnered with Sebastian Giovinco, although Nicolas Anelka and Nicklas Bendtner are also pushing for starts.
As for Cagliari, Mauricio Pinilla returns after his initial three-game ban was reduced to two matches, and Albin Ekdal could start against his former employer; however, the game comes too soon for Francesco Pisano and Matias Cabrera, who remain sidelined through injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus has won its last five Serie A matches without conceding a single goal.
- Cagliari has only scored in three of its last eight league matches.
- In the reverse fixture back in September, the Old Lady emerged 3-1 victors with a late double from Alessandro Matri and a goal from Mirko Vucinic, after Mauricio Pinilla (pictured, right) had given the Sardinians a first-half lead.
- Saturday's showdown will be the 66th time that the two sides have met in Serie A. Juventus has won on 30 occasions, losing 11 matches and drawing 24 times.
- Alessandro Matri scored 38 goals in 131 appearances for the Rossoblu before his 15.5 euro million transfer to Juventus in 2011.
- Marco Sau is Cagliari's leading Serie A marksman with 12 goals. Arturo Vidal's recent goalscoring spree has propelled him to the top of the Bianconeri's standings with 10.
- Sports & Recreation
- Alessandro Matri
- Arturo Vidal
- Claudio Marchisio
- Leonardo Bonucci
- Mauricio Pinilla
- Andrea Pirlo
- Stephan Lichtsteiner
- Gianluigi Buffon