The Seahawks finalized their practice squad this afternoon by signing DE Julius Warmsley and DB Josh Aubrey, bringing the squad to the maximum of ten players.
Warmsley hails from Tulane and was All Conference USA First Team after starting nine games at tackle and three at end. The 6'2, ~270-295 pound tackle/end finished 2013 with 18.5 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, and sick sacks. He signed on with the Texans after the Draft. Not sure what his weight is these days -- apparently he played at around 270 last year but got up to near 295 before the draft. Either way, he's a solid athlete, with a 32" vert and a sub-5.00 forty time.
Aubrey hails from Steven F. Austin University, and his senior year he notched 65 tackles, two interceptions, eight passes defensed, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble. He's also a highly athletic prospect, and at 5'10, 199, he ran a 4.4 forty, with a 37" vert, a 10'4 broad jump, a 6.89 3-cone and a 4.18 short shuttle. Aubrey signed with the Browns as a UDFA last year, played in six games, but was released during cutdowns this season after having a strong camp.
Full Seahawks Practice Squad
More from sbnation.com:
- Coffee and Cigarettes: Seahawks links for Wednesday
- Pete Carroll reacts to NFL's punishment for physical practices
- Seahawks awarded C Patrick Lewis on waivers, waive LB Marcus Dowtin
- Christine Michael tweaks hamstring, so Seahawks re-sign Demitrius Bronson; other injury notes
- Seahawks, Pete Carroll fined, docked sessions for overly physical training camp practices
- Field Glasses: Russell Wilson's pre-snap reads and route progressions