Lewis had also spent time with the Packers and Browns before ending up in Jacksonville. The 6'1, 311 pounder hails from Texas A&M, and he went undrafted in 2013. He snapped the ball to Johnny Manziel at A&M in 2012, which is really only noteworthy in that he's somewhat used to protecting a short, scrambling, improvisational quarterback. It will be interesting to see if he catches on with the team in some capacity.
If you missed it yesterday, the Seahawks also put in a waiver claim for TE Michael Egnew, recently released by the Dolphins, but were superseded by the Lions. The Lions already have a pretty good group at tight end with Eric Ebron, Brandon Pettigrew, and Joseph Fauria, so keep your eye on Egnew to get released again as teams go down to 53 players.
More from sbnation.com:
- NFL Roster Cuts 2014: Tracking cuts around the league
- Coffee and Cigarettes: Seahawks links for Monday
- Seahawks cut CB Terrell Thomas, waive Jackson Jeffcoat
- Seahawks Roster Cuts 2014: Seattle announces release of 8 players
- Cools and Fools from the Seahawks 34-6 win over the Bears: Earl Thomas should return punts, Terrelle Pryor should update his resume
- Coffee and Cigarettes: Seahawks links for Sunday