Sanya Richards-Ross will be competing in her third Olympics in London 2012. Winning the United States Olympic trials woman's 400-meter run and placing third in the 200 meters, Richards-Ross will be competing in two events at the London Olympic Games and is a probable choice for the 4x400 meter relay team.
Listed below are a few interesting facts about Sanya Richards-Ross:
Full Name: Sanya Richards-Ross
Birthday: February 26, 1985
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Stats: 5'8", 137 lbs.
Family: Father Archie Richards, mother Sharon Richards, sister Shari and husband Aaron Ross
Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Schools: St. Thomas Aquinas High School, University of Texas
Olympics participated in: 2012, 2008, and 2004
Total Olympic medals: Won 400-meter bronze in 2008, 4x400-meter relay gold at 2008 and 2004 Olympics
Coach: Clyde Hart
Track Clubs: Nike
Interesting physical features/facts: She was born in Jamaica and became a United States citizen in 2002.
Hobbies: Shopping, loves fashion, singing and dancing
Charities: Fast Track Program
Other facts about Richards-Ross: She is married to NFL cornerback Aaron Ross. They married on her birthday in 2010. She always wears the necklace her mother gave her when she was in the eighth grade with a bullet on it that signifies her fast running. Sanya Richards-Ross waived her last two years of eligibility at University of Texas and turned professional in June 2004.
- 2012 World Indoor champion, 400m
- 2012 World Indoor silver medalist, 4x400m
- 2012 U.S. National Indoor champion, 400m
- 2011 Inducted into the University of Texas' Hall of Honor
- 2011 world champion 4x400m
- 2010 DNC
- 2009 2-time world champion, 400m, 4x400m
- 2009 IAAF World Female Athlete of the Year, 2009 Jesse Owens Award Winner
- American record holder in the 400-meter dash in 48.70 seconds
- Most sub-50 400-meter races in history (39 and counting)
- 2-time Olympic 4x400m gold medalist and 400m bronze medalist ('04, '08)
- 5-time USA Outdoor champion ('03, '05, '06, '08, '09)
- 2-time World Outdoor 4x400m gold medalist (2007)
- IAAF World Athlete of the Year and Jesse Owens Award winner (2006)
- World Outdoor silver medalist (2005)
- Visa champion and Humanitarian Athlete of the Year (2005)
The author has followed Sanya Richards-Ross career from the time she was at University of Texas. With Sanya Richards-Ross competing in the 200 meters and the 400 meters and possibly the 4x400-meter relay the United States women's sprinting team will go into the Olympic Games strong. This Olympic Games will truly be exciting to watch Sanya Richards-Ross once again represent Team U.S.A.
- Sports & Recreation
- Aaron Ross
- University of Texas