Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The latest on Batista is that -- and you could get this from simply listening to him on Talk is Jericho -- he's unhappy with the way the booking played out in his first run and with his added leverage thanks to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, he'll likely angle for his big blowoff at WrestleMania. He's wanted his retirement match to be with Triple H, but it's still too soon to consider that anywhere near something they could nail down just yet, though it's not impossible.
- Zeb Colter is expected to return to TV this week.
- Rob Van Dam has, in fact, finished up with WWE on his latest run. His contract calls for him to work in 90 day bursts before taking time off. This may have been his last run with the company, however, or at least he's been hinting at as much.
- Brad Maddox has been going to events, including Pro Wrestling Guerrilla shows and apparently telling fans not to take pics with him so it wouldn't get back to WWE. As if it wouldn't get back to WWE anyway. Word is he's still going to be brought back, but there's no timetable on as much right now.
- Solomon Crowe suffered a leg injury during a tag team match at an NXT house show in Florida this past weekend. No word on how long he may or may not be out of action.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.
More from sbnation.com:
- Batista says his WWE comeback was 'bad right off the bat' and talks his problems with the current product
- Steve Austin, Paul Heyman sell John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar Night of Champions rematch better than WWE ever could
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 30, 2014): Night of Champions, Dean Ambrose return, Brock Lesnar schedule, more!
- Hulk Hogan: There is a 'major, constant bitch' with Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 28, 2014): John Cena injury, Raw, Daniel Bryan return, Ryback, more!
- WWE SmackDown results, recap, reactions (Aug. 29, 2014): Mailing it in
- Sports & Recreation
- pro wrestling