Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding the Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena match at Night of Champions, don't be surprised if there's a special stipulation. There have apparently been two storyline scenarios WWE has been considering:
1. Having Lesnar lose the title but in a way that means he doesn't have to take a fall or submit.
2. Having Lesnar retain the title, leave with it, and then launch a storyline that would extend all the way to WrestleMania 31 where The Authority realizes its mistake to allow Brock to win the title and becomes desperate to bring the belt back to WWE. Roman Reigns would, of course, somehow work his way into the spot of the savior who brings the belt back home.
- It appears as though WWE has given up on Adam Rose completely.
- Velvet Sky is apparently distancing herself from TNA in anticipation of finishing up with the company. It's unclear if this has anything to do with her boyfriend, Bully Ray, and the fact that his contract ran out recently.
- It's being said that TNA and Spike TV are parting ways and nothing is going to change that, despite the continued insistence on both sides that negotiations are ongoing. It's still believed Spike TV is simply being a good partner as TNA transitions to another network.
- Speaking of which, there's been some word that TNA has actually found a new partner but it's not a big network and the future of the company is still very much in doubt.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.
More from sbnation.com:
- Stone Cold Steve Austin could come back for a match at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas
- Steve Austin, Mick Foley talk possible CM Punk WWE return
- Triple H: We will probably never see or hear from Dean Ambrose again
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 23 2014): Hulk Hogan-Brock Lesnar issue, AJ Lee, Daniel Bryan injury, more!
- Rusev, not Brock Lesnar, is WWE's Best Wrestler
- Hulk Hogan has issues with Brock Lesnar over unscripted comment on WWE Raw
- WWE SmackDown moving to Thursday nights in October?
- Sports & Recreation
- Brock Lesnar
- pro wrestling