The San Diego Chargers made a number of roster moves on Tuesday to trim their roster to 75 before the deadline.
To get down to the 75-man requirement with their roster before today's deadline, the San Diego Chargers made five roster moves:
G Jeromey Clary was played on the reserve-PUP list.
CB Brandon Ghee was released.
There are two surprises in these moves, with the first being Geathers being put on IR less than 24 hours after the team seemed confident that he'd make a speedy return from the knee injury he suffered against the 49ers on Sunday.
The other surprise, which is more a testament to how much better the secondary has gotten over the last few months, is the released of Brandon Ghee. When acquired, many thought Ghee would challenge for the starting CB spot opposite Shareece Wright. After sinking below fifth on the Chargers depth chart, he was an easy guy to cut. Now he'll have a chance to catch on with another team.
More from sbnation.com:
- San Diego Chargers First Team Defense Impressive Against 49ers First Team Offense
- Chargers-49ers Final Score: San Francisco wins 21-7 preseason game over San Diego
- Roster Cuts: San Diego Chargers release 11 players
- San Diego Chargers Daily Links: August 25, 2014
- Bolts & Dolts: Corey Liuget dominates the San Francisco 49ers
- San Diego Chargers claim DL Joe Kruger from Eagles
- Chargers radio broadcaster Hank Bauer made an anti-Semitic joke
- Sports & Recreation
- San Diego Chargers
- Brandon Ghee