It was a light slate for Rockies affiliates yesterday.
Max George homers in 5-1 Grand Junction victory
Short stop Max George popped his fourth home run of the season as part of a 2 for 3 day. Forrest Wall reached in all four plate appearances (single, triple, and two walks) as the lead off hitter. Wall, a 2014 sandwich round pick, is having a great professional debut. In 39 games the second baseman is hitting .320/.418/.473 with three home runs and 18 stolen bases. Catcher Dom Nunez also collected a base hit.
James Lomangino earned his third win by scattering four hits over six innings. He didn't walk anyone and he struck out four. Marc Magliaro worked a scoreless 8th and 9th. Hunter Brothers (Brother to Rex Brothers) allowed a run in the ninth, but managed to close it out.
Did you know that Purple Row articles have to be at least 151 words? Wait for it. Wait for it. There it is.
More from sbnation.com:
- Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd talks prospects and more
- Boone Logan reaches end of disappointing debut season with Rockies
- Rockies bungle the rescheduled game, but hang tough to walk off in the 9th in the second game
- Rockies injuries: Are they a valid excuse?
- David Dahl returns to Asheville and Matt Flemer tosses a complete game shutout for the Modesto Nuts
- Sunday Rockpile: What to do at catcher
- Sports & Recreation