One minute we were all watching Team USA locked in a battle with Turkey at the FIBA World Cup, and the next we see the Woj bomb to end all Woj bombs: Jason Terry is headed to Houston. The Rockets, according to Adrian Wojnarowski, have agreed to trade Alonzo Gee to the Kings in exchange for the former Rockets killer. Additionally, the Kings will give the Rockets a future second rounder to take on Terry's $5.8 million salary for 2014-15.
Realistically, this is nothing more than a salary dump for a team in luxury tax territory, but it is especially intriguing because of Terry's inclusion. Terry made a living in Dallas by blowing up the Rockets at every opportunity, and it will be interesting to see if he can rally from a bad year in Brooklyn with the Rockets. Lord knows he loves the Toyota Center.
With his $5.8 million expiring contract, Terry will also be an interesting piece to play at the trade deadline, so the Rockets have to hope he can play his way onto the roster. He struggled last year, but he can still shoot 3's at a decent clip, so if he can improve from the field the Rockets could use him.
More from sbnation.com:
- Why the Houston Rockets could still chase Eric Bledsoe
- James Harden says he is the "best basketball player alive"
- James Harden and USA Basketball Teammates do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Reflections on Team USA, James Harden
- Rockets Report: Francisco García heading for return; Hamilton heading to Toronto
- Where will the Rockets be in 12 months?
- Sports & Recreation
- Jason Terry
- the Rockets
- Sacramento Kings
- Houston Rockets