Breaking News:

Robinson wants another shot despite head injuries

The SportsXchange

After suffering four concussions last season, former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Laurent Robinson wants to resume his NFL career.

The unsigned free agent started workouts earlier this month and is hoping a team will pick him up.

"I feel like I can still play, of course," Robinson told USA Today on Tuesday. "There's going to be doubts about me with the concussions. But the only thing I can do is tell teams to bring me in, work me out and go from there.

"I've been putting in the work all offseason, trying to get better, trying to get right. I know myself that I can still play. It's just if a team wants to take a chance on me."

The Jaguars released Robinson, 28, in March. He filed a grievance against the Jaguars after the team opted not to pay his $2.6 million base salary for 2013 as part of a five-year, $32.5 million contract he signed last year. He contends that he was not ready to be cleared medically when the team gave him a green light to play in January.

"We acknowledge that a grievance was filed and we are working with the NFL to resolve the dispute," the Jaguars told USA Today.

Robinson finished with 2012 season with 24 receptions for 252 yards in seven games. In 2011, he had 54 catches for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Dallas Cowboys. Other career stops include the Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams and Atlanta Falcons.
View Comments (1)