The Houston Texans' general manager revealed on the television broadcast of Texans-49ers that the Texans will make most of their cuts to get down to a 53-man roster tomorrow, well ahead of Saturday's deadline.
While being interviewed during tonight's preseason finale between the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers, Rick Smith, general manager of your Houston Texans, said something that caught my attention while he was discussing trimming the roster down to 53:
"Well, we'll actually make most of the releases probably tomorrow. And so, that will give us...as will most other clubs. So that will give us some extra time to anticipate what the waiver wire will look like."
As the deadline for teams to reduce their roster to 53 doesn't strike until Saturday at 3 p.m. CDT, Smith's revelation qualifies as substantive news. It also likely means he just ruined any hope you might have had of getting actual work done tomorrow.
More from sbnation.com:
- Travis Labhart's Pre-Draft Training Session With The Dudes At Dude Perfect Will Make You Want Him On The Texans Even More...
- Pre-Game Recon: Five Questions With Niners Nation
- 2014 Houston Texans' 53-Man Roster Projection
- Houston Texans News: August 28, 2014
- Texans-49ers 2014 Preseason Game Information: Schedule, Game Time, TV Broadcast, Radio Broadcast, And Online Streaming
- Open Game Day Thread: Houston Texans v. San Francisco 49ers
- Sports & Recreation
- Houston Texans
- the Texans