Raiders rookie quarterback, Derek Carr left the team's preseason game against the Lions last week clutching his ribs. Dennis Allen said afterward that Carr did have hurt ribs but was removed from the game due to a concussion. While he return to practice Monday, passing the concussion protocol, he was wearing padding on his midsection.
His participation on the team's third preseason game in Green Bay was very much in question. Now NFL.com's Steve Wyche is reporting he was told by Dennis Allen that Carr will not play in the game.
Matt Schaub will start the game, as he has all games up to this point. He and the starters should play most of three quarters. Then, with Carr out, he will be replaced by last season's starter, Matt McGloin. McGloin has been the team's third string quarterback all training camp and preseason after the Derek Carr was promoted to second string in OTA's.
More from sbnation.com:
- Raiders bust JaMarcus Russell appears in Dish Network Commercial
- DJ Hayden could be headed to regular season PUP list
- NFL practice squads raised to ten players, new eligibility rules
- Raiders re-sign K Goessling, waive/injured safety Deering
- Raiders vs Packers preview: Live blog chat with Acme Packing Company
- Raiders injury update: Day after sporting walking boot, Marcel Reece returns to practice
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Dennis Allen
- Derek Carr
- preseason game