Report: Kings' Doughty investigated for alleged sexual assaultBy The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – Tue, Jun 19, 2012 10:50 PM EDT
Defenseman Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings was investigated for an alleged sexual assault that took place earlier this year, the Los Angeles Times reported. Sandi Gibbons, a district attorney's spokesperson, told the Times "It's under review." She expects a resolution this week. Doughty's attorney, Craig Renetzky, told the Times he expects the case to be dismissed. The incident allegedly took place on March 1, TMZ reported. That report also said the case will be dismissed due to lack of evidence and problems with the woman's credibility. Doughty, 22, signed an eight-year, $56 million contract before the start of the season. He had 10 goals and 26 assists during the regular season and four goals and 12 assists in 20 playoff games.
1 - 4 of 20
Yahoo! Sports slideshows
1 - 4 of 25