Uncontracted former Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldinho is being chased by ambitious Chinese outfit Guangzhou Fuli according to the club's Brazilian coach Sergio Farias.
The Guangzhou Fuli coach revealed in an interview with Brazilian newspaper Futebol Interior that he had been told by senior club officials that they'd make a move for the 32-year-old who was released by Flamengo late last week.
"The club head told me we are very interested in Ronaldinho. It was very surprising," said Farias, who joined Fuli in November following the ambitious club's promotion to the Super League.
According to the report, Fuli is willing to offer the Brazilian attacking midfielder a contract worth approximately €20 million when the Chinese transfer window opens on June 18.
"We all know Ronaldinho is a world class player. I believe if we could get him, we could have a big battle with Guangzhou Evergrande (for the title)," said Farias.
Fuli's city rivals Evergrande recently made headlines by signing Lucas Barrios from Borussia Dortmund, while last week they qualified for the AFC Champions League quarterfinals.
Evergrande are currently the dominant force in Chinese football, having won the 2011 title and currently sit top in this season's race. Fuli are currently second, only two points behind their city rivals after 12 games.
Follow Ben Somerford on Twitter