The Red Sox are without Dustin Pedroia Sunday afternoon. No surprise given the elbow he took to the face in Saturday's game.
|BOSTON RED SOX||TAMPA BAY RAYS|
|Brock Holt - 2B||Kevin Kiermaier - CF|
|Mookie Betts - CF||Brandon Guyer - LF|
|David Ortiz - DH||Matt Joyce - RF|
|Yoenis Cespedes - LF||Evan Longoria - 3B|
|Mike Napoli - 1B||James Loney - DH|
|Daniel Nava - RF||Logan Forsythe - 2B|
|Will Middlebrooks - 3B||Yunel Escobar - SS|
|Xander Bogaerts - SS||Jose Molina - C|
|Christian Vazquez - C||Sean Rodriguez - 1B|
|Clay Buchholz - RHP||Alex Cobb - RHP|
There's no DL trip just yet for Pedroia, who is dealing with "concussion-like symptoms" in the aftermath of Saturday's game. That's no surprise since rosters expand tomorrow, making anything but a 60-day trip largely pointless.
With Pedroia out, Brock Holt will move over to second base and, more interestingly, Mookie Betts will move up into the second spot in the order. The young infielder-turned-outfielder has been picking up steam in his second stint with the big league team, hitting .250/.388/.450 in these past 12 games.
First pitch is at 1:40 p.m. ET with broadcasts on NESN and WEEI.
More from sbnation.com:
- How the trend of accelerated prospect development has affected rookie offensive success
- Mike Napoli hits upper deck with his longest homer of the year
- Who will the Red Sox call up in September?
- It's time to change the Red Sox rotation
- After signing Rusney Castillo, what next for the Red Sox?
- Should the Red Sox sell high on Brock Holt?