As an avid traveler, football fan and food connoisseur, I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to sample a wide variety of tasty treats at stadiums across the country.
Here's my picks for the top ten food entrees offered at pro football stadiums:
1) Dallas Cowboys, Green Chili Kobe Burger: This mouth-watering treat ranks as the best burger in the NFL, if not top entree overall. The beef in the Green Chili Kobe Burger is top-notch quality and always cooked to perfection, but it's a bit pricey at $13.
2) Pittsburgh Steelers, Benkovitz fish sandwich: Next time you're at Heinz Field for a Steelers game, any kind of seafood from the Benkovitz Seafood shop is a must-have. The fish sandwich is perhaps their finest offering.
3) New Orleans Saints, Alligator Sausage: Luckily for Saints fans, the Louisiana Superdome offers up a true taste of the Big Easy. Besides local favorites like gumbo and jambalaya, you can pick up a savory alligator sausage.
4) Carolina Panthers, Pulled Pork Sandwich: There's nothing in the world quite like authentic Carolina BBQ, and Bank of America stadium in Charlotte, NC, has plenty of delicious options for pulled pork sandwiches. My favorite is the pulled pork from Bojangles.
5) Philadelphia Eagles, Cheesesteak: When in Philly, eat like a Pennsylvanian. Philadelphia is nationally recognized for its incredible cheesesteaks, with fabulous local offerings like Pat's King of Steaks, and Gino's, which is right across the street from Pat's on Passyunk Ave. Lincoln Financial Field doesn't offer cheesesteaks from those establishments, but the ones they do have are surprisingly flavorful.
6) Seattle Seahawks, FSN Lounge Cuisine: The food at FSN Lounge at Seattle's Qwest Field is dynamite. They have juicy burgers, delightful sandwiches and my personal favorite, Seattle-style seafood. Qwest Field has tons of international options as well, which is a true reflection of Seattle's cultural diversity.
7) New York Jets / New York Giants, Brooklyn Burger: When you're out in the cold on a frigid New Jersey gameday, nothing goes down better than a warm, juicy Brooklyn Burger. These burgers are sold at stadiums across the region - from New York Mets games to New Jersey-based sports venues - and they have become fan favorites along the way.
8) Baltimore Ravens, Crab Cake Sandwich: "Wedding Crashers" got it right. "Crab cakes and football. That's what Maryland does!"
9) Houston Texans, Red River Dogs: Whenever I'm in Texas, I make sure to sample all the local barbeque available. Reliant Stadium, home of the Houston Texans, has plenty of delicious BBQ options. Red River Dogs has plenty of fancy treats, as well.
10) Washington Redskins, Hooters: FedExField in Washington, D.C., features a full-sized Hooters in the Club Level. There's nothing better than soaking in a great football game while eating wings and drinking beers, served up by beautiful Hooters waitresses.
What are some other great food options available at NFL stadiums? Let me know in the comments.
Eric Holden is a lifelong New York Jets fan. Follow him on Twitter @ericholden.
- Sports & Recreation
- Arts & Entertainment