The Browns of all teams waived Greg Little this off-season. And the Raiders, in need of depth at receiver, took a chance on the physically talented wide receiver. That chance ended today according to sources close to Pro Football Talk.
Raiders release WR Greg Little, per league source. #backtocleveland— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 30, 2014
Little had done... little to show he was anything more than the unreliable receiver the Browns cut. His talent is evident but he has odd drops at the worst times, and coaches and quarterbacks can't trust him to make the play when it's needed.
I had him among the Raiders cuts in my projected 53-man roster for that very reason. He had fallen behind Raiders 2013 seventh round pick Brice Butler on the depth chart and that is the final wide receiver spot on this team.
It was worth a shot by the Raiders to see if he could fix his issues but it just didn't work out.
More from sbnation.com:
- Raiders vs Seahawks final score: Derek Carr puts on a show, Raiders offense shows up
- Derek Carr makes strong case to start for Raiders
- The Morning After: Raiders versus Seahawks Preseason Week Four
- Raiders vs Seahawks preseason 2014: What to watch for, storylines
- Matt Schaub, Derek Carr, Matt McGloin: Who should start for Raiders?
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- Greg Little