Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Raiders don't rule out Incognito signing

The SportsXchange

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis did not clearly state the team is interested in signing former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito, but he did say he would "have to think about" it.

Davis made his comments Monday at the NFL's owners meetings in Orlando, Fla.

Incognito, who was at the center of the Dolphins' bullying scandal and recently underwent treatment at a mental-health facility, said last week he would love to play for the Raiders.

Incognito will have to undergo an evaluation before he is allowed to play in the NFL again, and the league could suspend him before he is allowed back on the field.

When asked about the possibility of Incognito signing with his team, Davis said, "Ask Reggie," referring to Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie.

On Sunday night, Incognito directed two tweets in former teammate Jonathan Martin's direction. In one tweet, Incognito said they should "move on."

Martin was traded to San Francisco on the first day of free agency and Incognito made it clear he would be interested in signing with Oakland.

"I'm 100 percent into that," Incognito told NFL.com last week. "I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense. I know (offensive coordinator Greg) Olson and (offensive line coach Tony) Sparano, and I'm a loyal guy, and I'd love to play for them again. And, of course, the Raiders have that aura."

Incognito played for Olson in St. Louis and Sparano in Miami.

Incognito also told WSVN-TV in Miami last week he wants to return to the Dolphins.

"Returning to the Dolphins was my No. 1 goal from the time I got suspended," Incognito said. "I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible."

Incognito's contract expired and the Dolphins have shown no interest in bringing him back

The guard confirmed that he entered a private mental-health facility to deal with the stress he was experiencing following his suspension and subsequent release of the Ted Wells report. Incognito admitted himself after smashing his own Ferrari on Feb. 26.

An NFL investigation determined Incognito and two other Dolphins offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of Martin, who left the team in October. Incognito was then suspended and missed the final eight games, and he became a free agent when his contract with the Dolphins expired.
Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (13)