Here it is so you can judge for yourself.
The record books will forever say that Rafael Dos Anjos defeated Ben Henderson via knockout in the main event of UFC Fight Night 49: "Henderson vs. Dos Anjos" on Sat., Aug. 23, 2014, at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Whether or not that should have been the case may be up to you.
That's because referee John McCarthy's stoppage was immediately called into question by both Henderson and the lively group of fans in attendance at the arena while it was happening in real time.
The finishing sequence went as such: Dos Anjos landed a hard knee that stunned Henderson. He seemed to recover well enough, however, before the Brazilian landed a hard left hook that completely turned the lights out. How long the lights were out and whether or not McCarthy should have waited an extra few seconds to make sure they didn't come back on is where the debate lies.
As you can see, Henderson's legs fail him after the big punch and McCarthy makes the snap decision to stop the contest and award Dos Anjos the victory. However, as he was rushing in to signal for all this, Henderson's lights came back on and he attempted to continue fighting.
Did McCarthy make the right call? Or does Henderson have a legitimate beef?
More from sbnation.com:
- Video: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone ogle Ronda Rousey at Expendables 3 premiere in China
- Ken Shamrock wants to break the neck of 'War Machine,' who once took his 17 year-old daughter to Mexico ... and left her there
- Pic: Cung Le's Face Is Destroyed After Four Rounds Against Michael Bisping
- UFC Fight Night 48 results: LIVE stream 'Bisping vs Le' discussion
- Topless Felice Herrig photos gallery from Fitness Gurls featuring 'UFC's New Bad Girl'
- UFC Fight Night 48 results: Michael Bisping stops Cung Le
- Martial Arts
- Sports & Recreation
- Ben Henderson
- Rafael Dos Anjos
- UFC Fight Night 49