49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton had a big 3rd down conversion on Sunday. At the end of the play he lost his helmet. He quickly got up though and let loose a little celebration.
The San Francisco 49ers put together their best drive of the preseason in the second quarter against the San Diego Chargers, moving the ball 68 yards for a touchdown. Blaine Gabbert finally put together a strong series of plays completing 5 of 6 passes for 58 yards and a touchdown.
One of the biggest plays of the drive was a 10-yard catch and run Blaine Gabbert completed to Quinton Patton deep in Chargers territory. The 49ers faced 3rd and 10 at the Chargers 16. Gabbert completed the pass to Patton who turned up field. On the tackle, Patton's helmet came off. Patton quickly popped up after the play, and we got a little bit of a celebration from No. 11. He made his way into the end zone, and I half expected the ref to flag for him for excessive celebration. Instead, he let him do his thing but got a word or two in. I can live with that.
More from sbnation.com:
- Today's links
- Jim Harbaugh says Ian Williams looks better than he did before his major injury
- 49ers vs. Chargers: What I'm watching for on Sunday
- 53-man roster projection: Post-preseason Week 2
- 49ers, Aldon Smith continue to wait for word on his potential suspension
- 49ers vs. Chargers: Game time, TV schedule for FOX National Game of the Week