On Episode 26, we continue our look ahead at the 2014 MAC Football season with some discussion of the Bowling Green Falcons. Pete Seymour joins Alex and Bryan as they revisit the magical ride that was 2013 and look ahead to what 2014 holds for the Falcons.
Bowling Green, thanks to the emergence of stud quarterback Matt Johnson and his running back partner in crime Travis Greene, rode their way to a MAC Championship in 2013, knocking off the 12th ranked NIU Huskies in Detroit rather handedly. But shortly after capturing the championship, fifth-year head coach Dave Clawson left for Wake Forest. Insert former Eastern Illinois head coach Dino Babers, and his Baylor offense, and suddenly BG looks like the offensive juggernaut of the mid-west. But no coaching change goes off 100 percent perfect, and with Chris Gallon likely out for the year, and some questions on the line, there's potential for some bumps in the road for BGSU this fall.
More Sports Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Mid American Hustle on BlogTalkRadio
More from sbnation.com:
- ESPN Treated Jason Bitsko's Death Like a Footnote and Neil Everett Was Pissed
- Honoring Deceased Football Players Is Not An Easy Thing For Schools To Handle
- Travis Greene Was Adjusting To a New Position Last Fall, Now He's the 4th Best Player In the MAC
- Who Watches MACtion On TV? Not That Many of Us
- A Look Ahead At Bowling Green's Title Defense Season
- Did Ball State Forget to Pay Its Internet Bill?