Simpson, Yanga-M’Bwia, Taylor, Cabaye
Sissoko, Anita, Guiterrez, Obertan
Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise
Rodallega, Ruiz, Emanuelson
For Newcastle, defender Mathieu Debuchy (hamstring) may make this game as a substitute having missed the clash with Manchester City as his recovery from injury continues. Davide Santon returned for the Europa League clash against Benfica and will be hopeful of making this game also.
Cheikh Tiote has also struggled with a muscular injury recently but should be able to make a return to the Magpies’ midfield for this game.
Meanwhile, Cottagers midfielder Steve Sidwell begins his three-match ban after being sent off against QPR for serious foul play.
Midfielders Mahamadou Diarra (knee) and Kerim Frei (groin) are both recovering from injuries and are close to match fitness, although this game may come slightly too soon for both.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Newcastle took just three league points from a possible 16 in the month of March, beating Stoke but losing to Swansea, Wigan and Manchester City.
- The Magpies have lost their last four games away from home in the Premier League, a run that goes back to late January when they beat Aston Villa 2-1.
- Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has made 122 appearances as a substitute in the league, more than any other in Premier League history.
- The earlier league game between these sides this season ended in a 2-1 victory for Fulham, with goals from Steve Sidwell and Hugo Rodallega coming either side of a Hatem Ben Arfa strike.
- The Cottagers have won 55 and drawn one of the last 56 Premier League games in which they have led by two goals or more.
- In scoring twice against QPR, Dimitar Berbatov (pictured) scored in four consecutive Premier League games for the first time in his career.
- The Cottagers have won four of their last five games to be played on a Monday, including wins against Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Sports & Recreation
- Europa League
- Manchester City