Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennett
El Ahmadi, Delph, Ireland, N'Zogbia Agbonlahor, Benteke
R.Martin, Turner, Bassong, Garrido Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington
Villa boss Paul Lambert could make a couple of changes from the team which narrowly lost 1-0 away to Fulham.
The changes could come further up the field with Charles N'Zogbia in contention for a recall as Lambert looks for more creativity. Darren Bent may also drop back down to the bench after failing to net against the Cottagers as Christian Benteke comes back in. Richard Dunne (groin) and Gary Gardner (ACL) remain on the sidelines.
Ciaran CLark has stepped up his recovery from a knee injury and only missed last weekend's game at Fulham after failing a late fitness test.
As for the Canaries, Chris Hughton has a fully-fit squad to pick from and is unlikely to alter the side too much from the XI that beat Arsenal 1-0. Sebastien Bassong and Michael Turner impressed in the heart of the defence to shut out the Gunners and look set to keep their places.
Former Leeds United man Robert Snodgrass could come into the starting lineup, possibly in place of Elliot Bennett, while Grant Holt will again be expected to lead the line as the visitors search for their first away win of the season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa and Norwich have the joint-worst scoring record in the Premier League along with Sunderland so far this season - finding the back of the net just six times so far.
- Summer signing Christian Benteke has an impressive scoring ratio. He scored 19 times in 37 matches for Genk last season and has netted five times in 10 internationals for Belgium.
- Last season’s fixture at Villa Park finished 3-2 to the home side. Anthony Pilkington (pictured right), opened the scoring for the Canaries but Villa hit back with two goals from Darren Bent and a Gabriel Agbonlahor strike, before Steve Morison grabbed the last goal of the game.
- Paul Lambert had an impressive record in charge of Norwich - he won 70 of his 142 matches at the club - giving him a 49.30 percent win ratio.
- Both sides have only won one Premier League game so far this season - Villa beat Swansea City 2-0 at home and the Canaries beat Arsenal 1-0.
- Norwich’s highest-ever league finish was back in the 1992-93 season when it finished third in the inaugural Premier League.
- Sports & Recreation
- Christian Benteke
- Paul Lambert
- Darren Bent
- ASTON VILLA