The Philadelphia Eagles officially announced the release of 19 players on Saturday. These cuts come before the team is required to reach the 53-man roster limit deadline at 4:00 PM EST on Saturday, August 30th. The current Eagles roster now stands at 53 players.
Eagles release 19: LB Acho, OL Andrews, RB Barner (waived/injured), CB Carmichael, OL Graf, K Henery, WR D. Johnson, S K. Johnson, RB Josey— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) August 30, 2014
Releases cont'd: LB Kaddu, DT Keliikipi, QB Kinne, CB Marsh, WR Momah, WR Murphy, WR Pratt, S Reynolds, DT Square, RB Tucker— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) August 30, 2014
Eagles also place WR Benn (lower back) and LB Long (torn left ACL) on injured reserve. With Lane Johnson beginning suspension, roster at 53— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) August 30, 2014
More from sbnation.com:
- Eagles roster unofficially stands at 66 players
- Eagles roster cuts: Everything we know
- Eagles 53-man roster prediction: Cheat Sheet Edition
- LIVE UPDATES: Eagles cuts tracker
- Eagles made right decision to keep Chris Polk
- Who will be available for the Eagles on the waiver wire?
- NFL Roster Cuts: Deadline, rules, waiver wire, practice squad, and more
- Buy the Eagles Almanac now!