No worries about the 15 Peyton, Broncos Country appreciates you!
After a contentious week of practices highlighted by several skirmishes and a lot of trash talk. Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos offense extracted a measure of revenge from a secondary that couldn't keep it's mouth shut all week. Late in the 1st half after several lackluster drives and even an poorly thrown ball for an interception, Peyton Manning hit Emmanuel Sanders on touchdown passes of 67-yards and 29-yards.
After the 2nd TD pass, Manning sought out Texans SS DJ Swearinger, who made a big deal of a practice interception earlier in the week. Coincidentally, the play before this, Swearinger put Wes Welker out of the game with a hit over the middle.
Who knows what was said, but the leader of our offense just stepped up and showed some swag. It must feel good for the other guys in the huddle to know that Peyton has their back.
More from sbnation.com:
- Evaluating Brock Osweiler Part 2
- Emmanuel Sanders injury: "Hopefully I'll be playing on Saturday"
- Live blog: Broncos-Texans joint practices, Day 3
- Demaryius Thomas and Cody Latimer: One-Armed Bandits
- A conversation with a Texans blogger
- Tony Gonzalez says the Denver Broncos will go undefeated
- American Football
- Peyton Manning
- Denver Broncos
- Emmanuel Sanders