The Patriots have taken a minimalist approach to this week's injury report.
Contrary to previous years, Bill Belichick has released a tiny injury report. I honestly can't remember the last time the report was this small.
Tight End Rob Gronkowski - Knee
Defensive Tackle Sealver Siliga - Hand
Defensive Tackle Chris Jones - Ankle
Defensive End Michael Buchanan - Ankle
That's the whole list. No Aaron Dobson. No Dominique Easley. No Vince Wilfork. No Jerod Mayo. No Tom Brady's shoulder. No Foxboro flu. No case of rookie toe stubbing. No one with hurt feelings. No mind games.
Just four simple injuries that we were all expecting. Gronk is still recovering and hasn't seen the field in the pre-season. He'll be on a snap count for the first few weeks of the season. Siliga and Jones have returned to practice and it's likely Jones will be held out a little bit longer.
Losing Buchanan would thin out an already thin position group. He tweaked it during the final preseason game. Let's hope he recovers quickly.
More from sbnation.com:
- NFL Roster Cuts 2014: Who Are the Patriots' Locks?
- Patriots Roster Cuts: Could Stevan Ridley be Released?
- Patriots Roster Cuts 2014: Tracker
- Ryan Mallett Back on the Trading Block
- New England Patriots Links 8/26/14 - Wilfork Feeling Stronger Than Ever
- NFL Roster Cuts: A look at the Patriots Defensive Line
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Rob Gronkowski
- Michael Buchanan
- Vince Wilfork
- Bill Belichick