Rodrigo Palacio is aiming to gun down Juventus when Inter takes on the reigning Serie A champion on Tuesday evening.
The Nerazzurri's preseason trip to the USA has not gone to plan so far, with resounding defeats against Chelsea and Valencia in the Guinness International Champions Cup.
Palacio, 31, was in bullish mood when speaking to Inter Channel, insisting it would be foolish to read much into results before competitive action has got underway.
“The most important thing is that we keep getting minutes under our belts so we can hit the ground running when the league campaign kicks off," he said.
"It's always a big occasion when you play Juventus and hopefully we'll do well. Neither side has done brilliantly in their recent friendlies and that just goes to show how difficult it is to manage a heavy workload and obtain results straight away. We've been working very hard and our legs are heavy but we have to keep on the way we are."
After a successful first season at San Siro on a personal level, in which he scored 18 goals in 33 games in all competitions, Palacio has more recently been deployed as a second striker by coach Walter Mazzarri and is determined to keep on learning.
"I'm enjoying it. Of course I still need to adjust to playing in that position but the gaffer is giving me loads of advice - he's always pointing out what I should do and where I can improve," he said.
Inter will hope to improve on last season's disappointing ninth place finish this term, as the club kicks off its Serie A season against Genoa in the league opener on Aug. 25.
- Sports & Recreation