No evidence in water search near Hernandez home

The Sports Xchange
The SportsXchange

Investigators were back in action Monday morning with scuba gear and metal detectors as they searched a pond and stream near the North Attleborough, Mass., home of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.
According to NFL Network, six officers, including three in full SCUBA suits, arrived at 10 a.m. Eastern and were in the wooded area "around the corner" from the Hernandez home for about an hour.
When asked what they were searching for, one officer said "Evidence."
Asked if they were successful, he said "no."
Hernandez has been the target of scrutiny in the shooting death of 27-year old semi-pro football player and friend Odin Lloyd, whose body was found a week ago about a quarter mile from Hernandez's home.
State and local investigators were at the Hernandez home every day from Tuesday through Saturday, when more than a dozen officials and two K-9 units were present for almost four hours and left with boxes and bags full of what is presumed to be evidence.
Over the weekend, spokespersons for the Bristol County District Attorney's Office said they were not releasing information on the investigation but if there was a major development there would be a public announcement.
Michael Fee, Hernandez's attorney, released a statement Monday saying that no warrant has been issued for Hernanez arrest. He also criticized the media for reporting otherwise.
Fee's statement, as reported by the Boston Globe's Wesley Lowery, said the following: "Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of supposed confirmed report than an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue. None of these false reports come from official sources, and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney's office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway. Out of respect for the ongoing investigation, we will continue to refrain from commenting on its substance."
Hernandez grew up in nearby Bristol, Conn., and was drafted by the Patriots out of the University of Florida in 2010. He hired attorneys who have declined specific comment.
It was reported that Hernandez and three others, including Lloyd, were at a bar together Sunday, June 16. Neighbors report they heard shots after midnight. Lloyd's body was found Monday afternoon.
Multiple reports indicate that when investigators retrieved a surveillance video and cellular phone from Hernandez that they were physically damaged. Also, Hernandez reportedly hired a cleaning crew to scrub his home last Monday.
There were conflicting reports during last week whether a warrant for arrest, either on paper or by computer, was issued for Hernandez regarding obstruction of justice in relation to destroying potential evidence.
However, even if such a warrant was drawn, there was no report that it was served as of early Monday morning.
Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend, Shayana Jenkins, who is the mother of his child.
Lloyd's family says Hernandez was his friend, but although they have heard from his girlfriend since the death, Hernandez has not talked to them.