Every week, the National Football Post brings you our NFL Power Rankings: a breakdown of how we stack up the league.
1. (2) Denver Broncos (11-3): Peyton Manning and the Broncos move to our top spot after their ninth straight win.
US PRESSWIREColin Kaepernick threw 4 TDs to beat the Patriots on Sunday night.
2. (3) San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1): Anyone out there still questioning Harbaugh’s decision to start Colin Kaepernick?
3. (4) Atlanta Falcons (12-2): The Falcons made a big statement by shutting out the Giants at the Georgia Dome.
4. (1) New England Patriots (10-4): Tom Brady almost brought the Patriots back to pull off the win Sunday night.
5. (5) Green Bay Packers (10-4): Rodgers and the Packers beat up the Bears (again) on their way to another NFC North title.
6. (6) Houston Texans (12-2): After getting whipped by the Patriots last Monday, the Texans came back to knock off the Colts.
7. (8) Seattle Seahawks (9-5): The 49ers-Seahawks game is the best matchup on the Week 16 schedule.
8. (10) Washington Redskins (8-6): You know the ‘Skins are rolling when the rookie backup QB can throw for 300-plus in another win.
9. (9) Indianapolis Colts (9-5): The Colts should scoop up a win this week with the Chiefs on the schedule.
10. (12) Cincinnati Bengals (8-6): Cincy can knock the Steelers out the playoff mix this Sunday.
11. (7) New York Giants (8-6): With two weeks left can the Giants find a way get in the dance?
12. (17) Dallas Cowboys (8-6): The Cowboys are making plays when it counts to stay in the playoff discussion.
13. (11) Baltimore Ravens (9-5): Maybe Cam Cameron wasn’t the problem.
14. (14) Minnesota Vikings (8-6): How many wins would the Vikings have without Adrian Peterson? Two?
15. (16) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7): Is there any way Todd Haley is calling plays in Pittsburgh next season?
16. (15) Chicago Bears (8-6): The Bears have lost five of six and still can’t compete with the Packers.
CONTINUE TO PAGE 2 FOR THE REST OF OUR RANKINGS
17. (13) St. Louis Rams (6-7-1): That Rams found out just how tough it is to tackle A.P. in the open field.
18. (19) New Orleans Saints (6-8): The Saints have a shot to finish the season at .500. Not bad after the 0-4 start.
US PRESSWIREIs anyone playing better than Newton right now?
19. (23) Carolina Panthers (5-9): Cam Newton is playing as well as anyone in the league right now.
20. (26) Miami Dolphins (6-8): We didn’t even see the Dolphins getting to six wins on the season back in August.
21. (18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-8): The wheels are coming off for Schiano’s club.
22. (20) Cleveland Browns (5-9): We expected more from the Browns defense vs. Kirk Cousins and the Redskins.
23. (21) New York Jets (6-8): Benching Mark Sanchez was the only move Rex Ryan could make after Monday night.
24. (22) San Diego Chargers (5-9): The Chargers laid down in the loss to the Panthers on Sunday.
25. (27) Tennessee Titans (5-9): Chris Johnson can still run past any DB in the NFL.
26. (24) Buffalo Bills (5-9): The Bills want a franchise QB, but is there one in the draft?
27. (32) Arizona Cardinals (5-9): After nine straight losses, the Cards got a win vs. a Lions team that has packed it in.
28. (25) Detroit Lions (4-10): Four wins with all of that talent? Come on.
29. (28) Philadelphia Eagles (4-10): Rookie RB Bryce Brown has some ability, but he better hold onto the ball if he wants to stick in the league.
30. (30) Oakland Raiders (4-10): The Raiders have a lot of work to do this offseason. Haven’t we said that before?
31. (29) Jacksonville Jaguars (2-12): It could get ugly this Sunday vs. Brady and the Pats.
32. (31) Kansas City Chiefs (2-12): The Chiefs may start Ricky Stanzi at QB vs. the Colts. Hey, why not?
Follow the NFP on Twitter: @FootballPostFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
- American Football
- Sports & Recreation
- New England Patriots
- San Francisco 49ers