Powell is let go, we will see if he returns.
The Arizona Cardinals made one addition to the 53-man roster on Sunday. The were awarded outside linebacker Thomas Keiser off waivers and cut receiver Walt Powell to make room for him. They also announced six signings to the practice squad.
Keiser (6-4, 260) comes to Arizona from the Chargers where he set career-highs last season with 4.5 sacks and 20 tackles in 12 games played (three starts). He signed with the Chargers last year and spent the first four weeks of the season on the San Diego practice squad prior to being signed to the active roster on October 2. Keiser originally entered the league with Carolina as an undrafted rookie free agent from Stanford in 2011 and played in 12 games over his first two seasons with the Panthers. As a rookie in 2011, Keiser had four sacks while playing in eight games.
Powell was the team's sixth round draft pick this year. It would seem like the team would like to bring him back to the practice squad.
The Cardinals now have a total 11 linebackers on the roster.
Their practice squad additions were all players who were cut by the team on Saturday -- linebacker Jonathan Brown, receiver Brittan Golden, tight end Andre Hardy, cornerback Jimmy Legree, tackle Kevin Palmer and guard Anthony Steen.
The Cardinals can sign up to four more players to the practice squad.
More from sbnation.com:
- Arizona Cardinals roster tracker: Cuts, signings and practice squad
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Arizona Cardinals reportedly begin moves, letting Isaac Sopoaga and other go
- Arizona Cardinals roster cuts and other moves
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Arizona Cardinals reportedly released Bryan McCann
- 2014 NFL roster cuts: Add S Curtis Taylor and RB Jalen Parmele to the Arizona Cardinals cuts
- Veteran linebacker James Harrison announces retirement after not agreeing to deal with Cardinals
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- practice squad