The Eagles were (unofficially) very busy on Friday. Here's a recap of all the (unofficial) moves that were made.
The Philadelphia Eagles didn't actually officially announce any roster moves on Friday, but a number of reports from reliable reporters have already tipped the team's hand. Recap below.
Trade block (1): WR Damaris Johnson [story]
Short-term injured reserve (1): WR Arrelious Benn* [story]
Injured reserve (1): LB Travis Long [story]
Suspended/reserve list (1): OT Lane Johnson**
The Eagles roster stood at 75-man limit entering Friday. Based on all of these moves, however, I figure it's now down to 65. It might even be as low as 64. The Eagles are reportedly keeping rookie kicker Cody Parkey. If that's the case, it seems Alex Henery would be gone. Henery's departure hasn't been reported yet, however. I'll stick with the 65 number for now until I hear otherwise.
If 65 is the number to be believed, the Eagles have around 12 more roster moves to make until they reach the 53-man limit by 4:00 PM EST on Saturday, August 30th.
*What this means is that Benn will be released once he returns to full health. He will be free to sign with any team but he cannot rejoin the Eagles.
**Johnson will not count against the Eagles 53-man roster while he is suspended for the first four games of the 2014 NFL regular season. He will return to the Eagles 53-man roster on September 29th, 2014.
More from sbnation.com:
- Eagles begin the cut down to 53 (Tracker)
- Alex Henery's face after Cody Parkey's 53-yard field goal make
- Eagles vs. Jets: 10 observations from the final preseason game
- Cody Parkey shines in Philadelphia win over New York, 37-7
- Cody Parkey > Alex Henery
- Philadelphia Eagles 53-man roster prediction: FINAL EDITION 2014
- Report: Chris Polk is safe to make the Eagles
- Report: Eagles looking to trade Damaris Johnson