Neymar fractured a bone in his back following a challenge from Colombia defender Juan Zuniga in last month's World Cup quarter-final and was ruled out for the rest of the tournament.
The 22-year-old, who has targeted a return to action in a friendly on August 18, had tests on his return to Barca after his post-World Cup holiday and the club said the results were "satisfactory".
"The player will follow a specific recovery program," Barca said on their website (www.fcbarcelona.es).
"The progress of the injury will determine when he returns to training," they added.
Barca play a friendly against Italian Serie A side Napoli in Geneva on Wednesday and said midfielder Xavi and defender Jeremy Mathieu, a new signing from Valencia, are unavailable due to minor muscle problems.
Barca begin their La Liga campaign at home to Elche on August 24.
(Writing by Iain Rogers, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Sports & Recreation