The ides of March 2012 sees the round of 64 teams begin their march through the NCAA single-elimination men's basketball tournament. There will be 16 games among three regions March 15. Games will be played from the early afternoon until well into the late night hours at four different sites across the America as the basketball phenomenon reaches its peak for a month in the early spring.
Here's a look at the NCAA tournament schedule for March 15. All times listed are Eastern.
(11) Colorado State against (6) Murray State, 12:15 p.m.
(9) Southern Mississippi against (8) Kansas State, 12:40 p.m.
The East Region starts with Southern Mississippi playing against Kansas State in Pittsburgh.
(13) Davidson versus (4) Louisville, 1:40 p.m.
The Louisville Cardinals had to travel all the way to Portland, Ore., to open their tournament play against Davidson in the West Region. Instead, in-state rival Murray State got to stay in the Bluegrass State.
(13) Montana versus (4) Wisconsin, 2:10 p.m.
Montana plays Wisconsin of the Big Ten in the East Region in Albuquerque, N.M. Only in America would an "east" game be played out west.
BYU or Iona against (3) Marquette, 2:45 p.m.
The Marquette Golden Eagles are a surprise three seed and they will play the winner of BYU or Iona who were some of the last teams to get into the tournament.
(16) N.C. Asheville against (1) Syracuse, 3:10 p.m.
The first 16 versus one matchup happens in the East Region as Syracuse plays North Carolina-Asheville in Pittsburgh.
(12) Long Beach State versus (5) New Mexico, 4:10 p.m.
Long Beach State plays New Mexico in Portland in the round of 64.
(12) Harvard versus (5) Vanderbilt, 4:40 p.m.
Harvard plays against Vanderbilt as both teams are not used to being in the NCAA tournament.
Mississippi Valley State or Western Kentucky against (1) Kentucky, 6:50 p.m.
Kentucky plays against another winner of the First Four games earlier in the week. Kentucky also plays in the South Region and will have a virtual home court advantage in Louisville.
(12) Virginia Commonwealth against (5) Wichita State, 7:15 p.m.
The South Region features a game between two great mid-majors as Virginia Commonwealth plays Wichita State.
(10) West Virginia versus (7) Gonzaga, 7:20 p.m.
West Virginia plays in Pittsburgh against Gonzaga in the East Region.
(14) South Dakota State versus (3) Baylor, 7:27 p.m.
South Dakota State opens up in the South Region against Baylor in Albuquerque.
(9) Connecticut versus (8) Iowa State, 9:20 p.m.
The South Region features a Big East versus Big 12 matchup when UConn plays Iowa State in Louisville.
(13) New Mexico State against (4) Indiana, 9:45 p.m.
New Mexico State plays Indiana in Portland late in the evening for the east coast but at a normal time for Oregon.
(15) Loyola (MD) against (2) Ohio State, 9:50 p.m.
Loyola plays Ohio State in a very late game in Pittsburgh.
(11) Colorado versus (6) UNLV, 9:57 p.m.
Albuquerque is the site of the final game of the day as Colorado takes on UNLV.
- Colorado State
- Murray State
- Murray State Racers
- Kansas State