Jose Mourinho has dismissed reports linking Chelsea with Porto striker Jackson Martinez, and insisted the Blues will not buy any striker in January.
Rumors originating in Portugal and picked up in England suggested that Martinez's agent was in London earlier this week to hold talks about a move to Stamford Bridge. But Mourinho has refuted the notion, and went on to say that there were no plans to improve the club's front line despite recent injuries to Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o.
"The Porto striker? What I read a couple of days ago that his agent was meeting me in London is not true," he told the press. "In the January market we won't buy any striker, we'll go to the end of the season with Fernando, Samuel and Demba Ba."
Mourinho also hit out at Romelu Lukaku, on loan at Everton from Chelsea, after the striker had claimed he has had no contact with Mourinho.
"Romelu likes to speak," he continued. "The only thing he didn't say is why he went to Everton on loan. The last thing I said to him was, 'Why do you never say why you are not here [at Chelsea]?' It is something he should think about, why he is not with us."
The manager also confirmed that Eto'o and David Luiz will miss Sunday's match against Southampton at Stamford Bridge.