|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Barklage, Holgersson, Conde, Miller; McCarty, Lindpere, Marquez, Richards; Henry, Cooper.
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); DF Heath Pearce (R hamstring injury); DF Jan Gunnar Solli (R hamstring injury)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Markus Holgersson (L ankle sprain)
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Meredith; Johansson, Parke, Hurtado, Gonzalez; Rosales, Alonso, Evans, Fernandez; Montero, Johnson.
OUT: GK Andrew Weber (R adductor strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); FW David Estrada (L foot fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain)
PROBABLE: DF Adam Johansson (R hamstring strain)
- New York is one of two teams left in MLS which hasn't lost at home this season. The Houston Dynamo are the other.
- With a midweek win over Chivas USA, Seattle advanced to the U.S. Open Cup final. Seattle has won three Open Cups in a row and will visit Sporting Kansas City for its fourth straight final.
- These teams have split their meetings over the past two seasons. Each team won away in 2010 and then at home in 2011.
- New York employs the second (Kenny Cooper) and fourth (Thierry Henry) top scorers in the league this year, but defenders have scored four of the team's last five goals.
- Five players are one booking away from a suspension, including Fredy Montero, Eddie Johnson, Dane Richards, Joel Lindpere and Dax McCarty.
- New York Red Bulls
- Markus Holgersson
- Seattle Sounders FC
- Adam Johansson