|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Robles; Barklage, Holgersson, Olave, Pearce; Alexander, Juninho, Cahill, Steele; Espindola, Henry.
OUT: Ian Christianson (R Foot Injury), Digao (Heel Injury), Heath Pearce (Hip Surgery)
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Perkins; Brovsky, Ferrari, Camara, Iapchino; Romero, Martins, Bernier, Mapp; Paponi, Di Vaio.
OUT: Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery), Maximiliamo Rodriguez (foot injury)
- This will be the third meeting between these two sides this season. Montreal won 1-0 at Stade Saputo on March 23, while New York took the spoils with a 2-1 victory at Red Bull Arena on May 8.
- Impact striker Marco Di Vaio is a one-man statistics machine. The Italy veteran leads Major League Soccer in goals (11), shots (64), and shots on goal (34).
- New York striker Thierry Henry was named to the MLS All-Star Fan XI. Di Vaio is also in the All-Star squad, thanks to a new mechanism involving the number of goals scored using his virtual self on FIFA 13.
- Montreal has been flagged for offside 65 times this season, the most in MLS.
- Despite lofty positions at first in the East (Montreal) and third (New York), each of these teams can lay claim to just one win from their last five.
- Sports & Recreation
- New York Red Bulls
- Heath Pearce
- Di Vaio
- Montreal Impact
- Ian Christianson