|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Cannon; YP Lee, DeMerit, O'Brien, Harvey; Manneh, Koffie, Rochat, Kobayashi; Miller, Mattocks.
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Bendik; Eckersley, Califf, O'Dea, Hall; Lambe, Dunfield, Osorio, Welshman; Silva, Braun.|
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- TFC came out on top in three meetings with Vancouver last year, winning 3-2 in the only league meeting and recording a win and a draw in the Canadian Championship.
- Toronto FC set the record for worst start to an MLS season with nine consecutive losses in 2012.
- Last year, the Vancouver Whitecaps became the first Canadian club in the MLS playoffs, finishing fifth in the Western Conference.
- Toronto rookie Kyle Bekker has already amassed two caps for the Canadian national team despite being yet to play a single professional minute. The Boston College product played against Denmark and the United States in January.
- This will be the third straight year the Whitecaps have opened a season at home against a Canadian opponent. In 2011 and 2012, Vancouver hosted Toronto and Montreal, respectively.
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey
- Toronto FC