|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Bendik; Eckersley, Agbossoumonde, Caldwell, Morgan; Osorio, Laba, Russell, Convey; Brockie Earnshaw.
QUESTIONABLE: Danny Koevermans (L calf strain)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Robles; Barklage, Holgersson, Olave, Kimura; Alexander, Cahill, McCarty, Steele; Henry, Espindola.
OUT: Ian Christianson (R Foot Injury), Digao (Heel Injury), Heath Pearce (Hip Surgery)
- This is the second clash between these two teams. New York won a 2-1 game at BMO Field on April 27. They will meet again on Sept. 14.
- In 16 previous encounters between New York and Toronto, the Red Bulls have won nine games. TFC has taken four and there have been three draws.
- New York had two players, Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill, named to the 2013 Major League Soccer All-Star team gameday roster to represent MLS against AS Roma. Toronto had none.
- Toronto FC has won only one of its last 13 MLS matches.
- Toronto has shed two veteran central defenders in recent weeks. Former U.S. international Danny Califf retired to take a job with the team as a scout, and team captain and Irish international Darren O'Dea left to join FC Metalurh Donetsk in Ukraine.
- Sports & Recreation
- New York Red Bulls
- New York
- Toronto FC
- Danny Koevermans