|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Eckersley, Harden, Cann, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Silva; Soolsma, Plata, Johnson.
OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Jeremy Hall (sports hernia surgery recovery); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Torsten Frings (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery)
|Chivas USA (4-5-1): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Pearce, Jazic; Smith, Minda, LaBrocca, Moreno, Courtois; Townsend.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL); FW Juan Pablo Angel (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Pete Vagenas (rib contusion)
PROBABLE: DF Michael Lahoud (R hamstring strain)
- Toronto is the only team in MLS yet to record a single point this season. Its two goals scored and -7 goal difference are tied for worst in the league.
- All five of Chivas USA's games this season have been decided by a one goal margin. Oddly, the Goats have lost all their home matches but won their two away games, against Real Salt Lake and the Portland Timbers.
- Ryan Smith recorded his second career two-assist game in Chivas USA’s win Saturday. Smith had two assists for Kansas City against Philadelphia in his first MLS season, on June 10, 2010.
- Toronto will be glad to play this match at home. The Reds have lost all five times they have played Chivas USA at the Home Depot Center.
- If Toronto fails to win, they will have set a new team record for worst start to a season.