|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Feilhaber, Rosell, Joseph; Kamara, Bieler, Saad.
OUT: Paulo Nagamura (L ankle sprain), Josh Gardner (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Graham Zusi (R quad strain)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Shuttleworth; Farrell, McCarthy, Goncalves, Tierney; Toja, Simms, Nguyen, Fagundez; Sene, Imbongo.
OUT: Juan Agudelo (R knee sprain), Gabe Latigue (R ACL tear)
- Sporting Kansas City has lost its last two league matches, falling out of first place in the Eastern Conference.
- The club bounced back with a road win in its first CONCACAF Champions League group match, beating Nicaraguan side Real Esteli 2-0 behind goals from Ike Opara and Dom Dwyer.
- USA midfielder Graham Zusi has missed Sporting KC's last two games after suffering a quadriceps strain in the MLS All-Star Game that was played at his home field, Sporting Park.
- The clubs played to a 0-0 draw in their only other meeting this season, which took place on March 23.
- Attacking midfielder Benny Feilhaber played for the Revolution for two seasons before joining Sporting KC in the offseason. He has a goal and four assists.
- The Revolution are busy in the player personnel department. The club locked up left back Chris Tierney to a new contract this week and cut Khalifa Cisse amid reports that Juan Agudelo will depart after the season for Stoke City while Charlie Davies may be on the way back to MLS with the Revs for the remainder of the campaign.
- A quick start will be key for New England. The club is 7-3-1 when it scores the first goal and just 1-5-1 when it concedes first.
- Sports & Recreation
- Sporting Kansas City
- Juan Agudelo
- Graham Zusi
- Paulo Nagamura