|Seattle Sounders (4-4-2): Gspurning; Johansson, Parke, Hurtado, Burch; Rosales, Evans, Alonso, Tiffert; Ochoa, Montero.
OUT: FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL surgery); DF Andrew Duran (L knee ACL surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Leo Gonzalez (R hamstring strain); FW Eddie Johnson (L adductor strain)
PROBABLE: DF Patrick Ianni (R calf strain); MF Andy Rose (L adductor strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Gil, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Chris Schuler (R quad strain)
PROBABLE: DF Nat Borchers (L quad strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (R quad strain); DF Jamison Olave (L hamstring strain); FW Paulo Junior (R foot contusion)
- These two teams met at the same stage last season, with RSL managing to pull out a 3-2 aggregate win.
- In the teams' three meetings in the regular season, Real Salt Lake won one match, and the other two ended in draws.
- Seattle has made the playoffs in all four years of its existence, but has failed to advance in any of the previous three seasons.
- Sounders forward Eddie Johnson was forced off before halftime in his team's last game with a hamstring injury. There is an outside chance he will play, but he'll likely be held out for the second leg.
- Real Salt Lake ended the season on a five-game undefeated streak, but was shut out in its last two games.
- Including its final CONCACAF Champions League match, a 0-0 draw with Costa Rica's Herediano, RSL has not scored in its last 331 competitive minutes.
- Sports & Recreation
- Real Salt Lake
- Seattle Sounders
- Eddie Johnson