|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Brovsky; Warner, Bernier; Arnaud, Wenger, Mapp; Di Vaio.
OUT: DF Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery); MF Felipe (sports hernia); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, Soares, Barnes, Tierney; Rowe, Guy, Feilhaber, Toja; Fagundez, Bengtson.
OUT: DF Flo Lechner (R knee MCL sprain); MF Lee Nguyen (R shoulder surgery); FW Saer Sene (L knee ACL surgery)
DOUBTFUL: DF Stephen McCarthy (concussive-like symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Clyde Simms (R quad strain)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Guy (R foot contusion)
- Though the Impact have gone winless in five consecutive games, they have reached a draw in three in a row.
- After one win in 15 games, New England managed a surprising 1-0 win over playoff-bound Chicago thanks to a goal from 17-year-old Diego Fagundez.
- With Saer Sene and Lee Nguyen missing the end of the season through injury, the New England player with the best goals tally on the season is rookie Kelyn Rowe, who has three.
- This will be the third meeting between these teams this year, and the Impact have won both previous encounters. Goals from Patrice Bernier and Sanna Nyassi overcame a thunderbolt from New England’s Lee Nguyen to give the Impact a 2-1 victory July 18 at Stade Saputo, then Nyassi scored the game’s lone goal for a Montreal win Aug. 12 at Gillette Stadium.
- Unfortunately for Montreal, Nyassi will miss out after being suspended due to yellow card accumulation.
- Sports & Recreation
- Lee Nguyen
- Montreal Impact
- Sanna Nyassi